Tuesday, June 14, 2005

What Would You Learn About Me in 24 Hours?

I saw this commercial where ladies kept saying what you would learn about them if you spent 24 hours with them. I think that it is a lotion commercial or something. It got me thinking, what would someone learn about me if they were with me for 24 hours?

I think that you would learn that I am clumsy. No, not just clumsy...like the clumsiest girl I know. You are thinking that is because you are with yourself all of the time, but it's not just me. Other people close to me think that I'm the clumsiest girl they know too.

Everytime we do a show, Brock says he can hear a big commotion backstage. I fall over illusions and drop props all the time. Every show I add new bruises to my legs, feet, whatever.

One time when we were on the Winter Jam tour with Reliant K, Audio Adrenaline, Newsong, and Todd Agnew, I managed to bring down two keyboards. As I was bringing out a rather large illusion, the backside of the prop caught the corner of the keyboard stand. The whole stand and keyboards came crashing to the ground. It was loud and very noticible to the crowd of 8,000 people. Luckily, the illusion had a huge curtain around it, so I just ducked behind the curtain as stage hands came to the stage and frantically put the keyboards back together. I handed them a couple of pieces of the keyboard stand. Brock cracked jokes the whole time. Then, we just proceeded with our portion of the show. We sold more merchandise and Brock signed more autographs that night than any other time. I don't know if it's because the audience got to hear more of Brock's sense of humor or if they just like to see the artist mess up.

Have I convinced you about my clumsiness yet? Spend a day with me. You'll come to the conclusion that I am the clumsiest girl you know. What would someone learn about you if they were to spend a full 24 hours with you?

0 comments: