Sunday, June 19, 2005

Linda and Larry

My first day off in about 15 days was yesterday. Poor Brock had to fly out to perform at a Livin It in Virginia, but Kristin and I stayed in Panama City.

The last thing that I wanted to do was spend my day off at the laundry mat. However, I needed to wash clothes. Usually when I don't feel like washing clothes, I just go buy us more underwear at Walmart, but I was actually out of t-shirts as well. So, I decided to drop my clothes off at a place that would wash it for me. You paid by the pound and they would wash and fold your laundry. Guess how many pounds of clothes I needed washed. We've been gone 20 days with two of us...30 POUNDS! Can you believe that I had that much to wash?

Kristin only needed 4 pounds of clothes washed, so the lady said that she wouldn't charge her. I explained that I would give her a good tip because of her kindness. The lady at the counter said that the clothes would be ready in the morning, but she would not be working then. There was a guy helping her. He said, "Well, Linda, we'll be here tonight. Let's just wash it tonight!" Linda washed, dried, and folded all 34 pounds of our clothes in less than two hours. I gave her a good tip!

For lunch, we went to the "Awful Waffle." We sat at the counter. There was lots of drama going on at the Waffle House! Kristin who has never met a stranger, struck up a conversation with the man who was washing dishes in front of us. He moved here from Minnesota in order to see his daughter. He was trying to save up some money so that he could go and visit her in Tennessee more often. In just the few minutes that we sat there, the other workers were so rude and downright hateful to him. My heart broke for Larry who is just trying to make some money so that he can simply visit his daughter. Kristin and I decided to take Linda and Larry one of our dvd's Monday.

0 comments: