Sunday, June 05, 2005

Movies and Cops

Friday night, we went to see Star Wars. After the movie, I walked out into the parking lot feeling like I could fight anyone...feeling invincible. My courage came to a halt when we noticed someone messing with our truck. We had parked in the vacant parking lot next to the theater since there was no room for our truck in front of the cinema. Now, across the parking lot, we could see a guy in a little old sporty car circling our truck. He walked all the way up to our driver's door.

Brock immediately called the police. After all of the theft we had experienced, we suspected he was stealing our truck. Should we stand here and watch him take our truck? I knew that if he actually attempted to steal it, Brock would try and stop him. I didn't want that because what if this guy was armed?

Then, the guy drove off in a hurry. Brock stayed on the line with the police as we walked across the dark parking lot to our truck. Their was an orange sticker on the driver's side window. It said that we would be towed if we parked here too long. By this time, 6 or 7 cop cars showed up surrounding our truck. Then, I got nervous that they might give us a ticket for parking in this vacant lot. However, there were no signs about not parking there.

Brock had a long conversation with one of the cops. He was nice. They were glad we called. They did not really like the owner of the property. They called him a few choice words and said that he does this kind of thing all of the time.

It was an interesting night! My heart rate definately went up! However, it was funny how quickly my courageousness thoughts disappeared. I'll leave all of that fighting to the guys in the movies!

0 comments: