Friday, June 10, 2005

Camp Wrap Up

The last night of camp went well. A dozen or so more people gave their lives to Christ for the first time. Brock ended with riding his motorcycle blindfolded through the crowd. The students loved it!

There was some heavy stuff going on during the service. One of the leaders felt a heavy burden for a certain teenager. Last night, he pulled the guy aside and began to talk with him. Come to find out, his dad has been beating him farely regularly. They brought his sister into the room to ask her about it. At first, it seemed that she was getting defensive about her father, but then she broke down. She said, "I thought that I was the only one." Who knows the lives some of these children lead?

I will always remember Camp Wow in Oklahoma. It was a special experience where God did a great work. Also, I will continue to pray that these students grow in Christ and that they are trully changed forever. I will especially remember Arora and Crissy in my prayers.

0 comments: