Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Follow Up from the Guys with the Smoking Car

Read my previous post before you read this one because this is a follow up. Money is sorta tight for us right now. So, when we pulled into the gas station last night and saw the smoking car, I immediately began praying. I prayed that we would some way be able to help the owner of the vehicle. If it was to be financially, I prayed that the Lord would provide the means to help them.

As soon as I looked up, Brock was talking with the guys about their car troubles. When I saw Brock go help them without hesitaion, my love for him soared.

Brock bought coolant for them that cost $10. He also checked them into the hotel down the street from our house. The hotel was more expensive than I thought it would be. With tax, it cost us $68. However, I felt as if the Lord was telling me to trust Him because He had it under control.

This morning, we stopped by the hotel on our way to town. I had placed two oranges, some mustard, and half a loaf of bread in a bag. I told Brock to give them all of the cash that he had so that they could pick up some sandwich meat. Brock only had $4 in his wallet.

So, add that up---$10+$68+$4.

On our way out, I had grabbed the mail. Amidst the junk, there was an expense check from our office. The check was for $82.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so neat--I LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing it! Isn't it great when you know that God is in control and then when He sends you proof (for the rest of the world to know)!

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to say thanks to you auny, and brock for being such a great living example for God!! you both inspire me so much and make me eager to do things for the Lord. you guys are in my prays always. stay strong.
lacy (from shepherd)

Amber said...

What an inspiration to all of us to give more of ourselves financially and physically, trusting God to meet our every need as only he can do, and the needs of others! I'm sure you ministered to those broke down people more than you or even they will ever know! AWESOME!!!

Matt said...

One bottle of anti-freeze:$10
One night stay in a local Hotel:$68
Emptying your wallet:$4
Giving of yourself to be used by God: PRICELESS!

you guys are a constant inspiration to so many. thank you for sharing your lives.

Gin said...

Praise God! I love when He does that :)

Gin

AUNY said...

That's cute, Matt. I knew you guys would love this story, so I hurriedly put it up on the blog.

It truly showed me what love is about. My love for Brock---I love how he always goes right to someone in need. He doesn't stop and pray about it, or think "Is this my gift to help out people that are stranded?" He just does it. I simply love that about him.

Also, it taught me about how much the Father loves me. He cares about my finances. Also, He would never tell you to do anything and then just leave you high and dry. If He's initiating ministry, He will provide everything you need to accomplish it! The Lord is just awesome!