Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sick

Well, I'm officially sick. I escaped it a couple of weeks ago, but it chased me down. I'm praying that if I take it easy for the next couple of days that I'll be better by Friday, because we leave then and don't really come back until March 21st. I need to kick this thing!

Right now, my throat is on fire. Yesterday, I began sneezing sometime in the afternoon and didn't really stop until last night. I haven't had any fever though...I never have fever. I think that the "normal temperature" is just an average. Mine is very below average. I remember my school nurse in elementary school telling me that according to my temperature, I was dead. That was a little traumatic to hear for a child.

I learned in my psychology courses in college that 86% of sickness is in your mind. So, when I get sick, I try to control my mind and tell my body when to get better. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. I'm trying to tell myself that I will start feeling better tomorrow and be completely well by Friday. We'll see if it works this time!

6 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so sorry that nasty sickness caught up with you! I'm just getting it over it myself. I know exactly how you are feeling. I'll be praying for a quick recovery!

Matt said...

i could hypnotize you if you'd like. hey, how did dinner the other night go with those people you had over.

AUNY said...

It was good, but I wasn't feeling very well. Brock grilled steaks though, so it was yummy.

Matt said...

okay, 2 rules for when we come see y'all sometime. neither of you can be sick, and brock has to grill steaks.

AUNY said...

It sounds like sickness is in the air right now. Matt, you guys can come over anytime you want to and I promise that Brock will cook you some steaks! We'll try not to be sick.

stephanie said...

oh my gosh!!! feel better auny!