Friday, February 17, 2006

Sleep

I slept 10 hours last night. I guess I was more tired than I thought. The hotel room was dark and the temperature was just perfect. It felt really good to sleep a while.

The news did a segment about the Olympic athletes' training the other day. Do you know what their number one discipline is?...getting enough sleep. They said that if they don't get at least 8 hours of sleep a night, then nothing else makes a difference. In fact, most of them flew over there several days early to get acclimated to the time zone so that their sleep schedule could get set up.

A few years ago, I read an article about the secret to growing old beautifully. All of the women had different work out regimens and ideas about diet, but they all said that they get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.

Really, 8 hours is just the minimum you should have nightly. Some people need more. So, don't feel lazy for getting a good night's sleep. It will help you be more productive in your waking hours.

2 comments:

Matt said...

i totally agree. i get at least that much every night. it is very healthy. i would sleep all day if i could. maybe that's why i'm growing old so gracefully. i think i'll go to sleep right now...zzzzzzzzzzz

Amber said...

Amen Sister! I don't function well at all without at least eight hours of sleep. I'm glad you got a good nights rest, I bet that's hard to do traveling all the time! I don't sleep well when I travel.