Thursday, February 09, 2006

Speaking

Today is the day! I'm speaking for the first time tonight. Even though it's in front of a few ladies that I know from church, I'm still nervous! Sometimes it's more nerve racking to be in front of people you know.

Please pray that even though I'm nervous, it will not reflect in my voice. Also, pray for the women in attendance tonight. Pray that there will be a good crowd. Pray that the Lord uses me to encourage these women to pray more in order to change their world. I'll explain more about that tomorrow.

Please leave me comments...I am so encouraged when you comment even if it's just to say hello. I'm sharing my life with you. I would love it if you share just a little of your life with me. You don't have to be a blogger in order to leave a comment. Just click on "other" and type in your name.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auny,

You are always in our prayers and we will pray for you tonight that you will be God's messenger.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you throughout the day. May the Lord be glorified by all that you say. May the ladies see Jesus and His will for them more clearly through your words.
Our churches need ladies willing to step up and speak to them about the things that matter in their life. I'm glad you're obeying God and taking that step. In that obedience I know He'll give you everything you need to succeed for Him.
Have Fun!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, as always. You will do great because you have a message from God to deliver.

I can still recall the first time I ever spoke. I was so nervous and had everyone I knew praying for me--and I had prayed like crazy. I rehearsed over and over the first sentence I would say, thinking maybe that would keep me from falling completely on my face. As I began to speak, I got the first sentence out and then I felt the Holy Spirit just take complete control and begin speaking through me. I hardly could believe it myself and hardly even knew what I was saying. It was one of the greatest lessons I ever learned: just be available and God will do the work.

Can't wait to hear about it.

Love you much

Linda

Anonymous said...

Auny, I have been praying as I am sure that you know. I know that you will be nervous, but once you open your mouth to share God's message with the ladies, He will take control and you will be fine. Just concentrate on being His messenger. I am anxious for the details tomorrow!

Love Ya,
Doris

Matt said...

you're going to do great. i can't wait to hear about it. just let what's on your heart come out of your mouth. we all know that you have an amazing heart and you will never go wrong with that. keep us posted.

t.newb said...

I prayed for you at 6:12 our time (7:12, your time). I hope it went well. You've got what it takes!! (I Peter 2 says so).