Friday, February 10, 2006

Speaking Update

At first I was a little disappointed because only two people were there at 7:30pm. Then, others started to trickle in and there were 6 of us when we began at a little after 8pm. During this waiting time, I got more and more anxious.

One girl had just come from work. Her husband was out and town, and her dog that had been in the garage all day really needed to be let out. She actually debated on whether she should stay or go on home. As we were sitting down to begin, I heard her tell the host that she would probably slip out early. This made me even more nervous knowing that someone might have to leave in the middle of it.

I know that you guys were praying because something happened that only the Lord could do right before I began to speak. Suddenly, I didn't care what I sounded like or looked like or anything about me. I just felt an unexplainable love and compassion for these girls. Now, I had faces and lives to actually share with. After that, the words just tumbled out of me.

The girl that needed to go home to let her dog out, stayed the entire time. In fact, toward the end of my speaking, I saw tears falling down her cheeks. When we were sharing prayer requests at the end, she told us that this was just what she needed. She had prayed the day before for some encouragement and she felt like this was her answer to prayer.

One of the other girls knew exactly what she was going through because she was going through the same sort of thing. We all layed hands on both girls and prayed for them. It was a special time. Tears flowed and passionate prayers were lifted up.

Thank you so much for your prayers and encouraging comments. I knew that last night would indicate if this is what I'm really supposed to do. I would either fall flat on my face, or the Lord would move. The latter happened...it was a wonderful night.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying the Lord will continue to use you to speak for Him. He will give you the words that He needs spoken. God bless! B. Jansen

Pastor Jeff said...

That is soooo... great Auny! We are so proud of you. Watch out... you might be entering a new season.

Amber said...

Amen, to answered prayer! It sounds like the Lord used you in an awesome way! I'm So proud of you! I can't wait to hear you speak on a prayer someday!

Matt said...

you rock girl, i'm so glad to hear that God moved. i'm not surprised whatsoever though. we all know that you're anointed by God and you're going to see lives change in whatever you're doing. seize every opportunity you get!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you, Andrea, for stepping out of your comfort zone and seeing what God can do through you in a different way. God has a way of WOWing us--I'm WOWed at you, but it only leads to actually being WOWed by God. Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! It is just like God to ask you to do something you've always said you don't want to do. Remember when you used to say you'd sing anything but wouldn't speak or the time you wanted to do anything but give a speech at graduation. I am looking forward to seeing what God will do next in your life.

Jeanette said...

Auny....That is so great! It is so cool that God used you! Way to go...I sure wished I could have seen you and Quick Hands McGill, when yall were in...hopefully we can get together again!

stephanie said...

glad to hear it went so well auny! i'm feeling sooooo much better now too...but, i'm still not fully recovered. pray that i get my health and my strength back, because i am really, really weak right now.

AUNY said...

Thank you all so much for the encouragement. It means the world to me that you are so supportive. Stephy, I tried to leave a message on your xanga, but it was acting wierd. I'm praying that you will be better today.