Monday, February 13, 2006

My Hideaways

I love my little hideaways in my house. We have two closets. They were just rectangle shaped rooms in our bedroom when we first moved in. Therefore, I made one a clothes closet and one a prayer closet. I place pictures, art, and candles in my prayer closet for inspiration. I have a single desk at the end with one chair. Three bookcases line the wall full of books that help me with my walk with the Lord. On one wall, I have a big bulletin board that my grandma gave me when I was young. On it, I tack up pictures, encouraging letters, scripture verses, prayer requests, and the eminem t-shirt that I told you about in another post.

Right now, I'm sitting in my laundry room waiting on some clothes to dry. It's only big enough for the washer and dryer and some shelves. Although there is snow on the ground outside, it feels like the beach in here because of the decor. Rope that is used on docks string up a white curtain. I also have it strung up along the wall above the washer and dryer. Clothes pinned to the rope are five pictures of the beach that I took when I was there. Some of the beach pictures are from Florida and some are from Maine. On my dryer, I have a dish with powder detergent in it to look like sand. My dryer sheets are in a small chest that I bought while I was on St. Simon's Island. Shells pepper the dryer top and the shelves...shells from Florida, Australia, and the Georgia coast. Also, on the shelves I have a picture that my parents brought me back from Hawaii. I have my two shell candles lit as I type.

Since the beach is so relaxing, when I come in here to do my laundry, I seem to relax.

3 comments:

Gin said...

I love those little hideaways in houses. Our current house is too small for such a spot, but I had a few growing up in my parents' house. It's so nice to have those places you can really feel alone with God and totally safe and relaxed.

I just now read your blog about speaking...Wow! I'm so proud of you for using what God gave you to bless other women. I'm so excited for you that you have this new ministry and I can't wait to see where it leads you!

Anonymous said...

Be careful with those candles. Mom

AUNY said...

Why? Do you know something about those candles? I think that I took them from my bathroom at home a long time ago.