Saturday, February 04, 2006

Rough Start

We had a rough start on this trip. When we were leaving yesterday morning, we had two flats and the truck battery was dead. It set us back a while.

Since Brock is sick, I drove the whole way to Tulsa. I stopped at a truck stop to fuel up. Usually Brock handles filling the tanks with diesel. However, he was sleeping in the back, so I did it. I don't know if it's because of my lack of experience or my clumsiness, but I showered myself with diesel fuel. I immediately went and changed my pants because it received the bulk of the splash. Then, I tried to clean off my shoes because they are the only pair that I brought on this trip.

I began driving again and noticed that the gloves I used were covered in fuel, so I just chunked them out the window. It helped a little, but I still reeked of fumes. In fact, a couple of people noticed and asked what the smell was. I had to confess that it was me. Diesel doesn't come out easily...once it's on something, it doesn't come off. I didn't have a chance to really shower off until I got back to the hotel room last night.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I hate having days like that, they always test your patience!

Pastor Jeff said...

Hey girl, i got my blogspot set up. Check it out http://pastorjeffallred.blogspot.com/

Pastor Jeff said...

it went great, he had about 20 friends over. He loved it... but we were about to go CRAZY with that many kidos!! Thanks for the comment. pj