Monday, March 20, 2006

Day Four in Alaska

Yesterday was tough. We did three shows. Last night was the last show of nine since we've been here in Alaska. We are whiped out.

It snowed all day yesterday. The snow was pretty, and everyone said that it was a typical day in Alaska. Again, I tried to pretend that I lived here and we were going to church in the morning and night. However, it didn't work yesterday...

We've been away from home for over three weeks now and I'm ready to get back. The people are really nice here and it's an awesome state, but honestly, I was slightly homesick yesterday. I'm anxious to get back home and stay in my house and see my friends. I want to cook our own food and eat out on the back patio. I want to hang out at the Cocoa Tree and the coffee shop. It goes to show you how much people love home no matter where they live. You could be in the most awesome place and still miss home.

The good news is that we will be home tomorrow night. I'm usually ready to get home just a couple of days before it's time, but we're going snowmobiling today. That will be fun!

1 comments:

AUNY said...

I remember that you guys were stuck down there during September 11th. I bet you were ready to get back and be with family and in your country. When we caught Suddam, we were in Australia, and it didn't feel the same. The news there only spent a few minutes on the topic and moved to something else. That was rough, so I know you guys were miserable.