Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My Grandma

It was great to visit with my family. I love my grandma. She has a very quick wit. Recently, a lady visiting her and Papa in the hospital had on a cute jogging suit. Grandma told her that she really liked it and would like to have it after it was worn out. The lady went home, washed the outfit, and gave it to Grandma the next day. Grandma told her that she felt bad because it was almost like she asked for it. The lady told her not to steal her joy of being able to give. Without missing a beat, Grandma said, “Well, I really like your purse.”

Since Papa died, Grandma seems to be holding up well. She forgets that he’s gone sometimes. She said that she would be reading a sympathy card and think that she needed to tell Papa about the card.

She lives on “Golden Gate Boulevard.” That’s the actual street name. I don’t know how I feel about that. Her sister lives right down the street and she has lots of children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren living in the same town. So, she is surrounded by a lot of people that care about her. She’s a wonderful lady.

1 comments:

Amber said...

It sounds like you have a pretty special grandma! There is so much to be learned from the older generation! Treasure every moment!