Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Most Miserable Day of My Life

Yesterday was the most miserable day of my life. You might think that I'm using a cliche, but it literally was the most miserable day of my life!

It began when I woke up in my hotel room yesterday morning at around 5am. I could barely get up out of the bed because I was so sore. My whole upper body was still tense from trying to hang on to the back of the snow machine. Brock is 6'4", so he didn't fit very well on the snow machine as it was...add me to the back and it wasn't very comfortable. We had to double up on the way and way back to the area where we were able to go out on our own. The ride back was brutal.

Then, we ate breakfast and I had some reindeer sausage. I had also eaten several other things that I would normally not have eaten while I was in Alaska, such as fried Alaskan King crab nuggets, fried halibut, caribou (which is another name for reindeer) jerkey, and gourmet pizza. Just as we reached the airport, my stomach was feeling woosy.

I began to feel worse and worse. After our 5 hour flight from Anchorage to Minneapolis, I felt like I couldn't stay on that plane another minute. Then, when we were eating at the airport, I began to get hot and uncomfortable. I've almost fainted three times in my life. You get hot and everything starts to close in on you. All three times, I was able to breath heavily and ward off passing out. So, here I was in the middle of a crowded food court about to pass out.

This is when Brock began to really worry about me. He decided that I had exhaustion. When I thought about it, it was a plausible explaination. I haven't really stopped since Disney World. Plus, the time change was so different in Alaska that I never really slept very well.

Somehow, I made it home. Can you imagine being nauseous and feeling faint on a plane? It's the worst. Then, of course, they lost our luggage with all of our toiletry stuff in it. That really topped the day off nicely.

However, I just woke up this morning feeling great. I slept 10 hours last night. I don't know if I've ever done that before. I'm also not as sore today, and usually, I'm more sore on the second day. So, everything is okay now!

1 comments:

Amber said...

I'm glad to know you're home and rested! I'm sorry you had such an awful day, there's just nothing worse!!!