Saturday, March 18, 2006

Day Two in Alaska

I saw a moose! We were driving down the road and it was coming down the hill to cross the street. It was amazing to see. We also saw a bald eagle. It was beautiful. It's shape was so distinctive and regal. The eagle was perched up in a tree and we snapped some shots of it with our zoom lense. Then, it began to soar along with another eagle throughout the mountains. It was incredible!

Yesterday, they took us on a georgious drive. We went into the mountains along the ocean. There were glaciers everywhere. At one point, we stopped and got out to go take a closer look. There was a huge rock out in the water. By the time I had put my gloves on and got my camera ready, Brock was at the top of the rock.

It was colder yesterday and windy. I can honestly say that the time we spent outside of the car at that spot was the coldest I've ever been. The local guy said that it was definately below zero with the wind chill factor. My hands hurt for at least ten minutes after we had returned to the warm car. They were so red. Later, one of the locals said that I probably did have a slight form of frost bite.

The show went well. Over 50 Alaskans gave their lives to Christ...students as well as adults. The crowd was a little rowdy. I don't think that they are accustomed to having many shows, so I don't think they know quite how to act at one. However, they were a really fun audience.

1 comments:

AUNY said...

I found out that I did not have frost bite. That's when the skin actually dies. Instead, I had frost nip. That's because I wore some tight cotton gloves which helped cut the circulation off even more. When I pulled off my gloves in the car, the blood started going back into my hands and it stung so badly for about ten minutes.