Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Show Tonight in Georgia

We performed at Mark Hall's church (the lead singer of Casting Crowns). They were really nice. Plus, some people came over from our office and from the radio station in Birmingham. Kristin, who traveled with us last summer came to the show as well. It was fun to hang out with everyone.

Maybe it was because I was having fun with the radio people and the Casting Crowns people, but I had a hard time getting into tonight's show. At one point, I just began praying that the Lord would break me for these students. Whenever I did this drama/illusion called the puppetmaster, I really acted like I was one of those girls in the audience...I felt her pain and confusion (it's a drama where Satan pulls my "strings" and I try all kinds of negative things including drugs and ultimately end up disappearing in the end). At the end of the act, something in my heart had changed. I realized that I was weeping. The Lord totally broke me for the audience. It was a special moment for me, because I know that it was all His doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE SEEN YOURS AND BROCKS SHOW SEVERAL TIMES AND THE ONE I REMEMBER THE MOST IS THE "PUPPET MASTER", WHEN YALL DID IT AT THE CHURCH. I THINK WHAT WAS SO POWERFUL ABOUT IT WAS THE STATISTICS PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND. I DONT KNOW IF YOU GUYS STILL DO THAT, BUT IT WAS SO MIND BLOWING. WE GET SO CAUGHT UP IN EVERYTHING SOMETIMES WE FORGET HOW MUCH THE DEVIL REALLY DOES AFFECT THE PEOPLE AROUND US.
LACY (FROM SHEPHERD)

Matt said...

man, it's been so long since i've seen that. that truly is one that gets me everytime. i'm moved just thinking about it. hope the tour is going well. we've been praying for you and your family. i hope they are all doing well.