Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Longest Day of My Life

Yesterday was the longest day of my life...literally. It began when I woke up in Florida at 7am. Even though we had gone to bed late the night before, I decided to go ahead and get up. I knew that it would take me an hour to try and get back to sleep anyway, so I got up and packed everything up. Therefore, whenever the rest of my family woke up about 8:30am, I was able to spend what little time I had left eating breakfast and talking with them.

We drove to the airport around 10:45am and flew out at 1:15pm Eastern Standard Time. We landed in Anchorage, AL last night at around 8:15pm Alaska time which is one hour ahead of Pacific Time. Can you believe that we're four hours ahead here? (That's why it's 4:30am as I write this.)

The flying time alone was about 9 hours yesterday. It takes less time to fly to England. Not that I'm complaining. I loved being in Florida and I love being in Alaska. It was just crazy going from the furthest southeast state to the most extreme northwest. The high in Florida was 91 degrees. Here the high is 22 degrees and they're happy about it. We went from white sandy beaches to snow on the ground. This is a crazy life we lead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm still really jealous that you're out there right now. and i miss florida. let's go back, and never leave.

AUNY said...

Yes, let's go back. I still have traces of a tan, but it's cold here. The bank sign outside of my hotel window says -1 degrees right now. That's too cold.