Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Day One of FX

Yesterday was the toughest day. After doing 11 straight days of shows or hard travel, I was done. Honestly, I'm still done. I'm tired of people and I got a cold shower this morning, so I'm tired of hotels as well.

At some points in the day yesterday, all three of us felt as if we would fall over. Stephy did an excellent job of keeping on even though she was tired. Brock was so exhausted Saturday night (almost at the point I was at on the way back from Alaska) that I drove most of the way to Kentucky on Sunday. So, that made me extra tired yesterday. After the second school assembly, I had to go into the truck and rest. Brock and Stephy took up the slack and organized load in. Then, I went in and helped while they took a break. We had to help each other out in order to physically make it through the day.

Last night during our prayer time before the show, I asked everyone to pray for strength for us. I was thinking of that verse that I posted a couple of days ago. If we're not mentally sharp when it comes time to do our show, things can go really wrong. However, me and Brock both felt a renewed sense of stamina whenever it came time to do our part. 1100 people showed up for the first night and 104 people gave their lives to Christ for the first time last night. So, it was all worth it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auny, I have just prayed for you--for strength and renewal. I am glad that FX went well last night. I hope that the new trick goes well tonight! Just keep your chin up, put a smile on your face and read Phillipians 4. I have also prayed for Brock an Stephy. All will be well. Just keep giving God the Glory! Mrs. G.

AUNY said...

Thanks Mrs. Godbey. I trully appreciate your prayers.