Thursday, April 06, 2006

The GMA Music Awards

Last night was like a dream. Brock was presenting one of the awards during the telecast portion of the night, but we didn't know which award. We tried to get to the venue in time for our rehearsal and was a little late, so I dropped Brock at the door. Then, I went to park along with our manager and Stephy came a little later. After carrying in a few props and placing them backstage (one of them being my coffee table from home), I found out that Brock was in "his dressing room." I had no idea that it was going to be like that! I thought there would be a big green room but only a few dressing rooms for the performers. No, we had our own dressing room right next to Michael Sweet!

Then, we discovered that Brock was giving away the biggest award of the night...artist of the year! Not many Christian musicians get to present at the Dove's, so it was an honor to be able to do that.

I felt really good last night. I had gone to the doctor and received medicine, so my stomach is not bothering me anymore. I didn't have any zits or anything at the time. Thanks to being sick and Brock's healthy eating tips, I had lost some weight. I was clad in a beautiful dress that Brock picked out in LA and accessories that my little fashion consultant, Kara, helped me find here in Nashville. I was complimented on my dress a lot and my jewelry and my shoes. BarlowGirl really liked my dress and they're so cool, so that was awesome. Kirk Franklin was passing by and stopped to tell me that I had a "very beautiful dress."

Brock presented the very last award, so we waited a long time. He got slightly nervous during the wait (he usually never gets nervous). He presented with Shirlie Ceasar a legend in Gospel music. Of course, Brock couldn't just give an award away. He had to add a little magic. I'll let you watch it on TV, but it involved a bowling ball. He also singed every hair off of his hand in the process, and at one point, Shirlie Ceasar took off running from him. It was hilarious. Everyone loved it! I was so proud of my husband last night.

One of the coolest parts is that he was able to give the Dove to Chris Tomlin. We've known him for years. Tomlin even commented that it was cool to receive an award from Brock because we worked together back when nobody knew either one of their names. Last night Tomlin was able to receive the highest honor and Brock was able to give it. What a night!

7 comments:

Amber said...

HOW COOL!!! What an AWESOME night for you and Brock! The Lord has truly blessed you two!

Gin said...

A dream, indeed...I wish I could see your dress...did you take pictures?

Matt said...

wow, that is so amazing. i'm so glad y'all had such a great time. let us know when it's suppose to air and on what stations. i can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

You looked beautiful and your dress was fabulous! I could tell even from our seats in the balcony! It was great hanging out with you and the whole "Brock team" this week...can't wait to do it again!
Diane

Matt said...

enough already, when are we going to get to see this dress?! okay, i know that sounded a little gay...but, seriously, if everyone is gonna rant about a dress like this you have to let us all see it...

Sara Horn said...

How fun! I wish I had been there, but I only covered the week, not the night this year - decided I needed to take it slow for this first one... you'll have to bring pictures the next time you guys are at church...

OK, so I had to throw in my own "star" story from GMA's this year - I've never been so my first day on Monday I was trying to find the media registration table and no one could tell me what floor was what (Even I can count to three!) So, I'm going up the escalator for the umpteenth time trying to figure out where I'm going when I decide to ask the first person I see coming down the escalator in this crowd of people if the floor I'm going up to is for sure the third floor. Yes, it was Brian Littrell (Backstreet Boys)and I realize this as he's telling me, "yes, that's the third floor," and all I said was "thanks" and kept going! This is Nashville, right? We see celebrities all the time! :) I think the girl with him thought I was such an idiot! :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds so fun! I can just picture Kirk Franklin walking by and complimenting you. I don't know why, but that is really funny and random to me. I checked the Dove website and it doesn't look like it is showing anywhere in Texas. That doesn't sound right. Do you know where it will be showing?

Kay