Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Sunday

During our Easter service yesterday morning, I thought about all of the services going on around the nation. I looked up and smiled to the Lord saying, "It's all about You." I heard Him tell me, "No, it's all about Me and you." I think that He craves that relationship with us so much that He doesn't just want us to tell Him how wonderful He is on Sunday and then go back to our normal lives. He wants us to focus on our relationship with Him. Plus, the resurrection is all about our relationship with Him. He did it, so now I can have a connection and relationship with Him and the Father. Yesterday, during worship, it was all about us!

After church, we went to our friends' house, Ben and Kara, and had a wonderful lunch. Kara grew up in Pennsylvania, so she made some northeastern dishes that I'd never had before. It was yummy! Then, Brock and I brought the dessert. Guess what we brought? Our chocolate fountain. It was fun! We sat out on their back patio for most of the day. Then, we went for a walk around their neighborhood. They had tivod the Dove Awards, so we got to watch it together. Then, it was back out on the patio until we left at around 10pm. What a great Easter!

3 comments:

Amber said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter! I did too, a GREAT service, good food with family and friends and rest!!! It doesn't get much better than that! Chocolate fountain, here I come!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i wish i could've gone yesterday. everyone kept coming in with they're fun little easter outfits... oh well. my favorite band came in through the drive thru yesterday... that was the most (non) excitement from yesterday.

AUNY said...

Jessica, a chocolate fountain is like heaven on earth. Chocolate drips from the top creating a waterfall only chocolate instead of water. You dip strawberries and marshmallows and such in it.

Amber, we will definately have to get the chocolate fountain out when you gals are here!

Stephy, I knew that's what your text message said, but Brock was confused. Did you get to eat any chocolate or anything yesterday? We should've stopped by Starbucks. Brock is still tired. I promised that I wouldn't wake him up this morning, but it's after 11am! Wow, he's tired!