Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another E-mail from Someone at Camp

I was at Camp WOW this week with Henderson Hills and I just wanted to thank you, because you really opened my eyes. I was saved because of that. I saw change automatically and I was amazed how my life changed. I still have changing to do but knowing how I was before I listened to what you had to say and knowing how I am after I listened, there is a big difference. My life fell apart a couple years ago. My mom got fired from her job, which was the building block of our entire lifes. After that my dad, brother, and sister moved out. we couldn't pay the bills and my real dad didn't pay child support like he was supposed to. Things started getting shut off, electricity and phone and everything else. I was having troubles in school. I just hated it. I didn't like anyone there and no one liked me. Since I had nothing to go to I started cutting myself. I don't know why I did it. I think it was because I was empty and lost. The bills got so far behind that it came to a point we couldn't pay for anything. So our house went into foreclousure and we had to move. We moved into our new house about the time my uncle got out of prison. He came to live with us and living with him isn't very fun. He steals, does drugs, and eats
constantly. We still can't pay for our bills and I don't know how we still have a house but it was really hard. Life was was unbearable for me and I didn't have anyone to go to. But now I have God thanks to you. I just wanted to thank you for that because it's just going to get tougher and if I wanted to die then who knows where I would have ended up. You helped me realize life is worth living. Especially when you live for God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Do we know if this new sweet brother (or sister) has a church family to help him in his new life? I am praying that he finds a good church family who can help him become a strong christian as well as help with some of the physical needs.

Rhonda

AUNY said...

Yes, she is a member of the church who put on the camp. The leaders are wonderful there. She probably cannot change her circumstances right now because she is only in middle school. However, she now has a hope and peace that only comes from the Lord.

Matt and Meredith said...

Wow. You never know what people are going through. Thanks for the encouragement to tell others about God's love...sometimes I forget what it's like to not have Him.