Thursday, June 19, 2008

Chocolate Tasting on the Fly

So, I told you that the chocolate tasting was a rather spontaneous thing. The adults decided that they wanted to do one today on Tuesday evening. We had our friend, Emily, overnight the chocolate to us in order to make it here in time for the tasting tonight. We had everything that we needed for the tasting except the chocolate. That's the most important part, really. The first thing I did when we got here this evening at about 5:30 was to look for the package of chocolate. I asked everyone in the building for it. Nobody had seen it. I got on the phone with FedEx. I gave them the number that Emily gave me to track it, and it said that it should be a 9 digit number, but I had a 12 digit one. Plus, the computerized voice couldn't understand what I said half of the time. It was 6pm by this time and we were supposed to begin at about 7pm! My frustration was beginning to grow by the minute! Obviously, Satan did not want this tasting to take place.

We got online and finally found out that it had been delivered at 2pm this afternoon. We went all over the place asking if they got it. When we saw who signed for it, we realized that it didn't come to the Convention Center where we are but the Civic Center down the street. The only problem is that the Civic Center closed at 5pm. The wonderful people in the Convention Center here spent 15 minutes on the phone trying to track somebody down who had the key to the place. We HAD to have that chocolate by 7pm or we couldn't do it. Brock began to speak at about 6:55pm and got the missionaries whom we were focusing on tonight on skype. We got the chocolate at 6:57pm! Steph, Barbara, and I broke the chocolate into pieces while Brock led the group in a chat with Joel and Michawn. It was a wonderful time.

Then, we were able to do the tasting in time. We were talking with people after we were done and I realized that it was 5 till 8pm. We were supposed to start onstage at 8pm. We ran from the conference room onto the stage. Everything went great and now we are done with our first, wonderful week of camp!

0 comments: