Sunday, June 08, 2008

Church and a Wedding

Today was a big day! I sang at my parents' church. I was so nervous. I haven't sung regularly in 10 years. It's not something that I want to do either. However, on this occasion, the Lord asked me to. So, I did and it went okay. I will say that it will take another act of God (telling me to do it) in order for me to sing again. It was such a beautiful song that I had trouble controlling my emotions, so I tried to simply look up. That was difficult too because they had a picture of Jesus on the cross up on the wall. With the Lord's help, I made it through.

Then, Brock spoke a little and did one beautiful illusion that perfectly illustrates the living water that you can only find in the Lord. Dad also baptized three men and led us in the Lord's supper. It was a great service.

This afternoon, we went to a wedding of one of the girls whom I used to lead in Disciple Nows and such. I remember taking her and some of her friends to help me out with Backyard Bible Clubs here around town. She was about 12 when we did that. Now, she's all grown up. Wow! Time just slips away, but it's a good thing. She was a beautiful bride. I guess that's my word for today...beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are beautiful

Anonymous said...

You got that right, Brock! She is beautiful outside, but even more importantly, she is beautiful on the inside! And I could listen to her sing all day long!

Don't quit singing, Auny! You have a beautiful voice and should share it with the world!

Love ya,
Mrs. G

Robyn Pass said...

The song was wonderful and it was a pleasure to hear you sing. :)

Robyn