Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Barbara

Let me tell you about Barbara. Some of you may remember this from last year. She lives in Mexico and first came into contact with us after seeing Brock on the Spanish Discovery Channel. The Miracles of Jesus was playing with Spanish subtitles. She liked the way Brock spoke very clearly and wanted to learn English. After that, she began going to Brock's blog. She would translate his blogs into Spanish. Then, she would comment in English. Ladies and gentlemen, this is how she learned English! Can you believe it??? She's very good, too!

Last August, she came all the way from Mexico to Houston to see our show. We absolutely fell in love with her and invited her to come out on the road with us. So, here she is!

While we were with her in Texas last August, she met some people at the large church we were performing at only to find out that they were coming to her city in Mexico the following week on a mission trip. They were only a couple of blocks from her house. Barbara was able to interpret for them.

Personally, the coolest part of this story is that in April of 2006, the Lord told me that he wanted me to give my Bible to someone. After a year and a half, that someone ended up being Barbara. I wondered why he told me so far in advance. Then, Barbara pointed out that April of 2006 was the time she first encountered us on the Discovery Channel. It was as if the Lord wanted to let me know that there was someone out there whom He wanted me to pray for and minister to. I love Barbara!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing...when Shannon met with us she told us about a new intern with you guys and her name was Barbara. I knew exactly who she was talking about! I hope to meet her someday myself! It's amazing how God is always at work around us...we just have to stop look and listen! We also met Drew Worsham who I understand received some of his training from Brock. What a small world when we're part of God's great family!

P.S. Shannon told me you guys recommended "Barbara Jeans" as great place to eat....our youth group ate there on Friday night...it was fabulous!

See ya soon,
Teresa (in GA)

Anonymous said...

I love you too auny!!
You and brock are the perfect couple. and i love you 2 guys.
Thank you for invite me this summer!

Anonymous said...

=P

Matt and Meredith said...

How cool.