Friday, June 06, 2008

Back to Civilization

Well I'm back to civilization. We had no cell phone coverage or internet access or anything while we were at camp. It was a little bit of culture shock. (It was great for the students, though...to get away from everything.) I had a little bit of a hard time this week. Even though I ate very healthy (we brought our own food to cook instead of eating camp food), something there irritated my sinuses so much that I got an infection. Also, I got bit or stung by something on my face. (There were lots of bugs. One guy from the band even got stung by a scorpion.) The bite made the right side of my face swell up yesterday. It went down some, but it's still swollen today as well. Also, we didn't have anything in our room but a bed and bathroom. Since I didn't have any cell service, I couldn't set my alarm clock. Therefore, I had to rely on my internal clock to wake up in time for the service every morning. That along with my sinus attacks caused for a rough time sleeping all week.

However, the camp went rather well. It started off rocky. The first night, Brock had only got two sentences into his message when he simply stopped. He told the students that this wasn't going to work. They weren't ready for the Lord to move at all. He led them in prayer and told them to come back the next day ready. I was nervous about this at first. Most camp pastors don't do that. The Holy Spirit calmed me and let me know that Brock was only following His directions. It sounds funny, but that was the best thing that Brock could have done. The next morning, those extremely churched kids came ready to listen even if it was just out of curiosity.

It got better from there. On Wednesday night, we really had a breakthrough. That's no surprise to me because Wednesday nights are often powerful. Wednesday nights churches are having their prayer services that night. They are praying for us. As we all know, prayer is powerful!

5 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, AUNY!
I loved this post and this blog.
Happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I knew God would bless Brock at your Oklahoma camp. I just read a post by one of the kids from the camp there and its really amazing how God uses Brock to touch young lives.

I'll get to meet you guys in person mid July when you come to Hahira, GA. I'm looking forward to it.

Teresa W.

Anonymous said...

Hey...and I forgot. I have a really special testimony about you guys coming to Georgia in July. I added it on an earier post the first part of this week.

Thanks for all you do for the young folks of this country. The world is a hard place right now and what you guys are doing makes a tremendous difference.

See ya soon!

AUNY said...

I just read your comment on Brock's blog, Teresa. That's awesome! I can't wait to see you in GA!

Anonymous said...

I've just read all the post on Brock's blog...all those posts from the kids who's lives were touched for the Lord, thru Brock's message! What affirmation that you're where you need to be!

I am so grateful and excited that you guys will bring the ministry to this area. We really, really need it here!

I'm spreading the word everywhere I can.

God is good all the time,
All the time God is good!

Teresa W.