Sunday, June 08, 2008

Family Time

We went from Oklahoma down to Ft Worth, TX Friday. In Texas, we met up with Brock's brother, cousin, sister, brother-in-law, and niece. We went to a great mexican restaurant and then back to our hotel to hang out. We had received a gift basket at the camp full of toys. We let our niece, Eva, play with many of the toys. She had a blast and we had a ball watching her. It was so good to see them.

Yesterday, we drove down to Houston to stay with my parents for the week. The cool thing is, my sister is in from South America visiting!!! Her husband is coming to the states to do some training, so Kay decided to take this opportunity to come here as well. After living in South America for a year, she has a list of food request while she's here. It will be interesting to watch her have culture shock here.

We will go to Galveston on Monday and Tuesday for a little getaway. Brock is going to his parents' house for those two days. He won't get to see them all summer, so he's going to take advantage of only being a couple of hours away from them. I would go, but I want to spend as much time with my sister as I can. I don't know when she is going to visit next. Plus, she is pregnant, so it'll be fun to see her at this time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have a great visit. I'll keep your sister and her hubby in my prayers as they enter a new phase in their lives...parenthood!

Teresa W.

Amber said...

HOW EXCITING:) How is your Mom handling the fact that her grandchild will be in another country?

AUNY said...

She's handling it okay. She's going to visit in December when the baby's born.