Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Goal for 20 Years

When I was around 9 or 10 years old, I remember making my parents stop at every welcome center for every state when we went on vacation. There, I would collect brochures and other literature about the state. I was facinated by states. I loved to see what each state was known for and how different it could be when you cross some invisible line into another state. At that age, I told people that I wanted to visit all 50 states someday.

If all goes well, by this evening, I will have driven to every state in the continental U.S. We are taking time now to go up into New England. I never imagined that I would reach this goal by the time I was 30. After today, I will only have Alaska and Hawaii left. We are performing in Alaska this March, and I'm sure we will vacation in Hawaii someday in the near future.

This just goes to show that the Lord can give you the desires of your heart. Twenty years ago, when I had this dream as a little girl back in Florida, I had no idea the plan the Lord had in store for me!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I remember when we came to Fl. from Ridgecrest and you insisted we stop at the Fl. welcome center. I think that was the first and only welcome center I have ever stopped at, Boy have I been missing out!!!

Gin said...

Auny, that is so exciting! Almost there! The rest of us better get on the ball with our goals. I did talk to Shaune M. about helping me put together a CD. He's got some great ideas, and some great contacts. Now all I need is $$$$!