Saturday, January 21, 2006

Running

Yesterday, Brock was stressed. As we were pulling up to a restaurant for dinner, I told him how I learned that running is very therapeutic when it comes to stress. It's an immediate stress reliever. In fact, I've heard that if you get out of a stressful meeting, you should go and run even if it's just a jog around the parking lot. (I wouldn't advise doing it in front of the other people attending the meeting for obvious reasons.)

So, Brock parked across the parking lot from the restaurant and told me if I beat him there, I could get dessert. Since he's so strict about that sort of thing (dessert), I ran with all of my might. Brock still beat me, but it was funny. We were giggling all the way there and we received some rather strange looks. It worked...we both felt alot of tensions from the day ease. Next time you're having a stressful day, just break out in a sprint!

2 comments:

stephanie said...

y'all are so funny. i can totally see you guys doing that... and i can totally see you running your heart out just for a piece of dessert. i'm glad you got to make more of the confetti cake... that was the best birthday cake i ever recieved!

AUNY said...

especially when it's just out of the oven! the icing kinda melts a little, but it's not how it looks that matters.