Thursday, January 26, 2006

In Daddy's Lap

I had to get my driver's license renewed last week. Nobody is happy in that place. The workers are bored. The people in the waiting room are annoyed at the waste of time it takes to get this sort of thing taken care of. There was even a kid there who was getting his first license, and he was too nervous to be excited. There was only one person in that whole place that was having a good time. It was a boy who was 2 or 3 years old. As he sat in his dad's lap, he just giggled and wiggled around. He didn't care where he was as long as he was in his daddy's arms.

If only I could be that way with the Lord. I wish that circumstances around me didn't determine my happiness. I would love it if I never had a bad day again as long as I was in my Daddy's arms. If only I would learn that this could actually happen if I would allow it.

1 comments:

Amber said...

What a great reminder for us all! Thanks!!!