Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Star Sightings

Yesterday, I was walking around the square of the quaint downtown area of Franklin, TN. A girl and what appeared to be her father walked around the corner and asked me where to get their car registered. As I wracked my brain to see if I knew how to help them, I studied the girl...it was Carrie Underwood! When I realized I had no clue where to tell them to go, I just made a funny face and said "No, I'm sorry." Carrie gave a small laugh and they began to walk again. I continued to walk the opposite way. She was so cute and looked exactly like she does on TV or in the magazines.

Later, Brock said that I should've invited her to our church or something. Whenever I see even major Christian celebrities, I freeze up. I don't want to aggravate them by being such a fan. I also don't want to pepper them with the same questions they get all the time. So, I don't say much. Brock, on the other hand, knows exactly what to say. If he's with me, I let him do all of the talking. Read Brock's post for yesterday to find out who (an even bigger star) he saw at the grocery store the other day (brockgill.com/blog).

3 comments:

Amber said...

That is so neat you talked to carrie Underwood! I guess we all have to remember star's are real people too, who do real thing's, like register their car's.

Anonymous said...

i decided that since i am on tv i am not going to register my car anymore . i am not gonna take out the trash , or brush my teeth , or do anything normal people do .., nevermind , im a doofus. ok i will be normal

Anonymous said...

what is normal?