Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Invitation in Missouri

During the message of our show in Missouri, the crowd was very antsy. Many were leaving to go to the restroom. Some were text messaging on their phones. Brock called them on it from the stage. Then, I went to grab something off of the stage. As I walked back to the sound booth, I prayed as I passed by each row that the Holy Spirit would extend off of the stage and into the crowd. As I walked down that center aisle, I felt the ripples of the Holy Spirit extending into the audience. I tell you this because this sort of thing does not happen every time. I FELT IT.

Then, when I reached the back, there was STILLNESS. I've seen a "holy hush" before, but this was different. It was as if the Holy Spirit had taken over the room. Brock invited people to become a follower of Jesus. Many accepted the invitation.

Then, Brock did something that he normally doesn't do...he singled out the high school guys. He didn't know why, but he felt like the Lord wanted him to spur them into action...to pursuade them to be the spiritual leaders that they needed to be. He said that if something doesn't change now in the state of Missouri, it's going to be bad. The churches will be no more. He had a special prayer time for the guys of the group. After the show, we remembered that one of our friends told us that the stats for the churches in MO were not too good. Churches were dying out and hardly any churches are baptizing anyone. I hope something changes for this state. You can pray with us that the high school guys will stand up and be leaders for Jesus Christ.

0 comments: