Thursday, January 05, 2006

Some Results from our Show in NC

We are headed to another student conference in Ocean City, MD today. Sometimes I wonder how much good we really do at these conferences. Usually, there is a speaker and a worship leader. We are just "extra." Therefore, this e-mail from someone who came to our last show in NC was encouraging:


Hi Brock, My name is ________ and I'm 18 years old, i was with my youth group this weekend @ Caswell, NC. you were there at the worship services showing us the wonderful and incredible talent that you have...all i can say is WOW! ha ha. you were awesome. Not only were the magic tricks awesome, but your message about Jesus Christ. The way you spoke the truth about it just touched me in so many ways. I actually had turned away from God for the past 2 or 3 years-not really sure why... i guess influences of the wrong friends. but listening to you preach got me really thinking hard and realizing that i need to put God first in my life - not friends or anyone else but him. I just wanted to say thank you. I think God has soooo much wonderful things in store for you and i really appriciate the way you go about doing what you love and putting the word of Christ into it. Thank you again...you're awesome Brock.

p.s. i loved the trick when you put the blind fold on and then the black bag over your head and then got on a dirt bike and drove it without the ability to see...that was outstanding!! God Bless you and your wife!

0 comments: