Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bad Day

Today, we heard some bad news. An investment Brock and I made a few years ago is about to go very sour tomorrow if we don't get a miracle. We got the phone call just as we were walking into a restaurant to eat with a youth group.

After lunch, we drove our motorcycle for a little while and came back to find that the keys to our pick-up truck were locked in the truck. We drove our motorcycle down to our rig to see if we possibly had some extra keys in there. Not only did we not have any keys, but it began to rain like crazy on us. In fact, we were stuck in our rig for most of the afternoon waiting out the rain.

Normally, this type of situation would send me through the roof. I don't handle lots of pressure and things all going wrong at the same time very well. At a peak like this, I usually explode emotionally. Today, I was calm and had an unexplainable peace. When I prayed, I actually let it go and told the Lord that no matter what happened, I trust Him.

Tonight, one of the Superwow staff girls, Katherine, asked me how my day was and I told her. She said that for some reason, I was on her mind today and that she had been praying for me. That probably explains the peace.

Please pray for a miracle for us today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also posted a comment to brocks blog on this. Auny, im praying hard for a miracle for you, i dont like reading about you like this, if i had ties with someone around yall that could help i would definitly tell them. in me, the power of prayer for yall is great.

love you Auny
-Paige

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you all too. I know the pain of unexpected circumstances that seem impossible to overcome but I do know that with God, all things are possible. I have seen miracles in my life in the hardest of times. You all are in my prayers!
That peace you're talking about....you're right...it only comes when we let go.

Maggie

Anonymous said...

Amen Maggie. couldnt have said it any better than that

Amber said...

Praying hard for a miracle!!! Love you guys, hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Auny I'm also praying for you and Brock. Where two or more are gathered in His name He will hear. I believe with so many praying at the same time God will hear and answer. You and Brock are strong enough in your faith that God will answer. My great-grandmother use to pray for the stength of Job when she was going through life's battle.

God bless you
Tabitha

Gin said...

Auny, I'm praying too! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to get your call yesterday. I shared your request with my mom, too...