Monday, June 05, 2006

Early to Bed, Early to Rise

I'm a morning person and always have been. It makes it tough to do what we do because we have so many late nights. I can stay awake at night if I'm active, but you won't catch me watching a movie after 10pm. The problem is that no matter what time I go to sleep, I wake up early. That's rough on the road.

At home, I enjoy my alone time in the mornings. Brock is a night person. Therefore, he's up a couple of hours later than me and I'm up a couple of hours earlier than him. That's when I have my time with the Lord and time to myself.

I also get all of my ideas in the morning. So, when Brock wakes up, I'm filling him with my thoughts. He's the same way at night. I can remember hearing him tell me stuff while I'm sleeping. We've learned though. Now, Brock waits until the morning to tell me his thoughts and I wait until after he has taken his shower.

What are you? Morning person or night owl?

4 comments:

Amber said...

Is there such a thing as a Tweener?

I don't like to get up before 7:30, I actually prefer 8:00 and I rarely ever stay awake past 11:00! I don't really know what that makes me?

(ODD!)

Anonymous said...

With my collection of owls, could I be anything other than a night owl? :-)

Mrs. G.

Gin said...

Amber, I'm with you! I just like to sleep. Period. Auny, remember when you had to practically call in the National Guard to get me out of bed in college? I would wake up late (inevitably sleeping through some 8:00 a.m. class), then take a nap, then want to go to bed early.

I don't take naps anymore, but I still love to sleep late and go to bed early.

AUNY said...

I think that different people need different amounts of sleep. I naturally only need about 7 hours although I try to get 8. Brock needs about 9. So, maybe you girls need more sleep...everybody is different.