Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Today is the Day

Today is the day. I have to be at the surgery center at 11:30am and my surgery begins about 1pm. I cannot eat or drink anything until the surgery is over, so I'm going to be starving right before. (I'm already hungry and it's only 8am.) I'll have never gone this long without even some water. The lady who gave me the instructions was very detailed..."No food or drink including water and gum." I don't know why, but I cannot chew gum until after the surgery is over!

I'm just a little nervous. I've never even been to the emergency room or had a broken bone...nothing! I've had my wisdom teeth taken out, but the lady from the anesthesiologist's office informed me that it's totally different.

Actually, during the surgery, I'm just going to be taking a deep nap. Poor Brock is the one who is going to be bored out of his mind for 4 hours or whatever. He said that he will have to bring a "fun bag."

I'm sure it will go fine. We'll let you know how it went. I'm going to ask them if I can keep the pieces of bones that they remove. After all, they are mine.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I am praying for you, Auny! I'm praying the Lord will calm your nerves even now and the hunger pains will go away! You're going to do GREAT!

So far this tropical storm hasn't been too awful bad. We still have electricity, which is more than I had hoped for; PRAISE THER LORD!

Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers today Auny!!

Gin said...

Praying for you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sure that you know that you are in my prayers, but especially today as you have this surgery. May God guide the hands of the surgeon and the staff in the operating room and may He, as the Great Physician lay his healing hand upon you!

Mrs. G.