Sunday, June 11, 2006

Surgery

I found out two years ago, when I finally got my shoulder x-rayed, that I have over 100 little bone fragments jammed around my right shoulder. It's a freak thing. Your joints produce a lubricant...my right shoulder has been producing bone instead for 30 years now. Some of the fragments have wedged themselves into my rotator cuff. Therefore, I cannot lift my arm very far and it's getting worse and worse. Tuesday, I will go to have surgery that will hopefully help get me some mobility back into my arm.

The doctors cannot tell me anything because this is such a unique thing. In fact, they've never seen anything like it. Therefore, they have no idea if it will help with my mobility or how long the recovery will take. They are going to try and do it arthroscopically but may have to actually make an incision. They honestly don't know what is going to happen because this is unprecedented.

Some very giving godly people gave me the money to have this surgery. It was God's way of telling me that He wanted me to have this surgery now. If someone would have given me money to do with whatever I wanted, I might not have selected to have surgery, but that is not what happened. Therefore, the Lord has His hand in this and I will not interfere with His plans. Apparently, this is His timing which is the best timing. If He had not have stepped in when He did, I may have put it off for another 30 years!

Please pray that the doctors are able to remove enough of the extra bone to give me back my mobility. Also, pray that my body will discontinue producing this extra bone so that I won't have to have this surgery again. Pray that my recovery will be swift.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I'll be praying ALL day! Lots of love!

Gin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gin said...

You're in my prayers, friend! After all these years of the "dumb arm," it will be quite fun to see you raise it above your head! I may drive all the way to Nashville just to see that in person :)

Anonymous said...

Auny, many people are praying for you in Shepherd. Love, Mom