Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Calling

This year has been tough on me on the road. I burnt out emotionally in the fall and physically this spring. Last fall, Brock allowed me to think about doing something else. Until now, I've felt sort of trapped...like if I didn't do this, Brock wouldn't do this. Would he travel with some other girl while I stayed home? That's ridiculous. However, Brock told me that he could scale back and do "platform" shows for a while where he wouldn't need an assistant at all.

Anyway, I contemplated what I would do if I could do anything else. You know what happened? I realized that THIS is what I want to do. This is the only thing that would satisfy me right now. The Lord called me to do this a long time ago. In fact, I think that He made me for it.

So, no matter how difficult it gets, I made the choice to do this. I love it! Therefore, I'm focusing my attention on this ministry only. Sometime in the future I may pursue speaking and writing my book (which I have already begun), but as for now, this is where I need to be. Until the Lord tells me otherwise, I will be on the road beside my husband.

4 comments:

Matt said...

i can't wait to read your book when you have it finished. what's it going to be about?

Amber said...

Sounds like the Lord has given you clarity, which is AWESOME! You have definately been called according to his purpose!!!

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled that you realized that you are where you are meant to be. Now you know that you choose this life and ministry and you get the bonus of being able to share it with your husband.

Your ministry is a huge blessing to everyone and knowing that it is where you are supposed to be will make it even better for you.

We all love you and pray for you regularly (Cliff has even adopted you and Brock as his missionaries that he prays for.).

Rhonda and family

AUNY said...

My book is going to be about my adventures in prayer...I have lots of fun stories about how the Lord provided and answered prayers.