Friday, June 02, 2006

San Diego Food

You know how we are about food...it's one of our hobbies. We especially like to try new things at new places. This trip was no exception.

Mexican food is definately big in San Diego. I didn't realize that if you go any farther south of San Diego, you are in Mexico. We ate at three different mexican restaurants. One was a little higher end. One was more of a seafood mexican where we got a lobster burrito and a fish taco. The other one was a local dive where the hispanics went. I love mexican food, so I ate it up!

We stayed in an area called Little Italy so naturally we tried some Italian food and it was good. We went to a seafood restuarant on Coronado Island called Peohe's. It was great and sitting right on the water overlooking the San Diego skylign.

One afternoon, we took a drive into the mountains to a little town called Julian. This is where they have many of the apple orchards of America. There we had the best apple pie I have ever tasted!

1 comments:

AUNY said...

My stomach literally just growled! I guess I need to eat breakfast.