Monday, April 30, 2007

6am, Dog-Tired Logic

The shows in Washington went absolutely great! However, with the time changes and getting up late and waking early, we are beat. Yesterday, we woke up at 4:20am in order to get on a plane, fly home, and drive two hours to Paducah, KY to see a David Copperfield show. The show was excellent as usual. I'm sure Brock will blog about it sometime. We got in well after 1am. It was a long day.

I feel like the most tired I've ever been (but it can't be true, because I've had clinical exhaustion before...it just feels like the tiredest I've ever been). Anyway, last night in the wee hours of the morning, I awaken to a high pitch beeping noise. I stumble around in the dark trying to find its source. Finally, I see the smoke detector in our room flashing. I take out the battery and go back to bed. A few seconds later, I hear that same noise. How can it still make a beep without a battery? I still want to know the answer to that question! So, I use my 6am, dog-tired logic and guess what I do? I go into the very next room, open up the back door, and chunk the smoke detector as hard as I can into the backyard. I haven't given it another thought until just now. Brock's still not awake yet. I guess I'll let him use his rested morning logic to deal with it later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does "Chunk" mean? is that a texan word? Is it to throw?

Get your rest! its really important.

Rest is Cool!!!

1
SO if U "rest".U will become Cool.

Dont u want to become more cooler?

1

Anonymous said...

According to dictionary.com, "chunk"au means "to toss, or throw."

ginsmom said...

You gotta love dictionary.com.

Hey, I think your dog-tired logic was perfectly on point. We have this clock in our guest bedroom that my mother-in-law is always threatening to steal because she loves it so much. One night (not long after one of her visits) I slept in there when I was sick, and it woke me up with all it's obnoxious tic-tic-tocking. So I pulled it off the wall, took out the batteries, and slid it under the bed. Then I forgot about it. For weeks we thought she had actually stolen it.