Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Class Clown of GMA

We had great interviews and TV appearances yesterday. I'll try to find out when all of it airs. Every person who is interviewing seems to comment about how much fun Brock is. In between interviews, we would hang out in the hotel where everything is taking place. We see so many people that we know and it's great!

After we were done with all of our interviews and were feeling rather good, the Building 429 guys came by. They had on hard hats and were carrying around this toy that looked a lot like a bull horn. If you aimed it and someone and pulled the slingshot-type thing inside it, it would shoot air at a person. It would shoot up to 30 feet away or so. They should have never let Brock get a hold of that thing! We happened to be sitting in an area by elevators, so he would shoot people with a blast of air as they were going in and out of the elevators. It was so funny! He even shot the president of GMA. The president just laughed and basically said that he expected something like that of Brock. Some others were saying that only Brock could get away with that.

Then, we went to a fancy dinner over at Rocketown. Before we entered the dinner, we checked on our friend, Lucas, who is building ramps at the skatepark in Rocketown. While we were in the dinner and the president of Compassion International was speaking, we heard a loud sawing sound. Everyone noticed because it was rather distracting. Brock and I looked at each other and both mouthed the word, "Lucas." I texted Lucas and told him we could hear him just as Brock was getting texts from people saying, "You're bmx boys are being loud..haha." Many knew that Brock had something to do with a saw going off in the middle of the president's speech. It was funny again! I think that Brock is like the class clown of GMA. He's like the guy in high school that everyone likes even the teachers. He doesn't take himself too seriously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This morning I woke up and had a nice bruise on my leg where Brock's 2x4 hit me. Although, considering what he did with that board, I feel like I have no room to complain... :)

It was fun hanging out with you guys yesterday! Let's get some chocolate soon! :)
~D

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure his high school teachers got or appreciated his sense of humor then--but hopefully they do now. There was one, however, who was "loose" enough to actually have fun with Brock and let him be himself. I think she actually saw that God could possibly use the sense of humor He gave to him for His glory. God bless Ms. Linda Fair. I hope her nerves have had time to heal. : )

This also reminds me, and makes me laugh, to think what your mom and dad must have thought when they found out that you and Brock were getting MARRIED. I will never forget the look on your mom's face when Brock and all the groomsmen, dressed in their tuxedos, came out barefooted just before the wedding. I think she was mortified for a minute. KNOWING Brock, she didn't know if they were serious or not!

And who else on earth has had a bubble car?????? Yes, he does make life interesting for all of us. Gotta love him!

Love you

Mom G

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Gill,

I know that we have never met, but from reading your comments, I have the feeling that Brock is a lot like his Mom!

You seem pretty cool to me!

I just want you to know that I really do appreciate Brock and his humor, but most of all his obedience to our Lord and his service to Him!

I have loved Auny for years and have come to love Brock as well! They are both very special. I feel like they are a part of my family!

Mrs. G (Auny's old Sunday School teacher from Florida)

Chad and Rebecca said...

Chad and I have a little girl we sponsor with Compassion. Her name is Ramya Senthil Kumar. We enjoy writing and receiving her letters. That really is a wonderful program. Have fun today, we are off to see My Little Pony tonight on stage! Rebecca