Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Yesterday, we performed at an outdoor festival in Bonifay, FL. On Friday night, the weathermen were predicting bad thunderstorms for the day. I was hoping that this would be one of the times in which they were completely wrong. However, all day, the clouds were ugly looking as if it could pour at anytime. Of course this didn't help with attendance.

We were supposed to take the stage at 8pm after some freestyle motocross, the band Waverly, and Tim Byrne. After getting reports from Mobile, AL that it was storming and heading our way, they began speeding up the programming.

We were talking about plan B when I found a room with a stage. They had a little sound system onstage. We ended up moving the show in there. It was good timing because about halfway through our show, it began to pour.

I had to stand on the stage in order to run the sound. I felt so stupid up there but I really had no choice. The soundboard was onstage bolted into the wall. Therefore, I was up there the entire time feeling like an idiot. To my surprise, one of the local radio DJ's came up to me and said that he was really impressed to see how supportive I was onstage. He said that even though the conditions weren't optimal and I'd seen the show so many times before, I still laughed and was completely into the show. That was very encouraging to me. We really had to roll with the punches last night!

0 comments: