Sunday, April 01, 2007

An Interesting Phone Call

Brock is the one who received the phone call, so I'm going to let him say it in his own words:
we got a call today from a guy named steve. he said he had seen us on tv this weekend and wanted to contact us. he tracked us down thru a connection at discovery channel. apparently he liked what he saw us do on whatever he was watching. i didnt bother to ask. i just played along. he said he went to our website and watched more video and read our story. i listened and thought "where is this going?". he told me that he was a tv producer with a major budget. i didnt really know what he meant, or what he was trying to ask. he said that he was looking for someone to host a new talk show. he said that they were going to take an existing show, that was very successful, and reinvent it with a new host. they had seen me before and wanted to talk to me but hadnt committed to call me until now. he said he wanted to offer me a job but couldnt tell me who i would be replacing. all he said was that the person was going to retire in 3 months. i dont know what to make of all of this because he was so vague. all i could get was that he worked for some production company that i had never heard of called "harpo". anyway, i thought it was interesting. i dont think i am going to pursue it because its probably nothing special.

Tell me what you think we should make of all this. Brock thinks that it isn't anything big, but I think we might should pursue it.

5 comments:

kelli beth said...

wow! harpo, huh? isn't that oprah's deal?! sounds interesting guys!

how's the job going, auny??

miss you both so much!

Anonymous said...

Harpo is Oprah's company. This could be big.

Anonymous said...

This could be a door opening to make an impact in the television industry. It's definitely worth checking out.

Anonymous said...

I think this is April Fools. Mom in Shepherd.

ginsmom said...

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Brock IS the new Oprah...I love it :)

You keep us in stitches, man.