Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hail

Last night, we were sitting in a restaurant in downtown Franklin when we saw that it was raining outside...hard! It had been such a beautiful night. In fact, previously we were sitting out on the back deck at the Cocoa Tree. That all changed at this point.

We went to the door to see hail pelting the ground. Just then, Shannon called me. I said, "It's hailing," when I answered the phone. She said that the worst was still to come. We all decided to take our cars to the parking garage down the street to get them covered. Nobody wanted hail damage to their cars, and we happened to have our dirt bikes in the back of our truck.

As we were running out to our vehicle, Willy, one of our motocross friends, was behind me. He just broke his foot riding last week. So, he was trying to run/hobble through the rain!

As we waited for the storm to pass, one of my friends rolled her pants up and took off her shoes. She proceeded to go out into the street and play in the rain amidst all of the lightening and torrential downpour. Luckily, it had stopped hailing. She's crazy! I enjoy playing in the rain and I might have joined her, but it was getting cold! She's crazy! We waited for a little while and storm let up enough for us to drive home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that;s loco


1

ginsmom said...

We had hail last night too! We woke up at about 1:30 in the morning to hear it pelting the windows. Our kitty hates storms, so he got in bed with us. I never did get back to sleep, between the sound of the stormm and the cat in my face. I'm tired!

AUNY said...

Did you get to take a nap today, Gin?

ginsmom said...

HaHa! No, my napping days are over...those were the days :)