Thursday, April 26, 2007

Performing at the 2007 GMA Dove Awards

So last night, Brock performed at the GMA Dove Awards. What the audience saw:
The emcee introduced Brock and he came out with me behind him (yes, I got to be onstage!). Then, Brock said, "My manager told me to come out onstage and present a dove" as he placed a blown up balloon on the little tray I was carrying. "So here you go!" Brock said as he threw a card at the balloon and it became a real live dove. A little while later in the show, Mark Shultz was onstage on his bicycle talking about how he was going to ride across the country in the next two months. After an awkward pause that turned out to be funny, Brock enters the stage on a loud Harley. Brock said that it took him a little while because he couldn't find his keys! (That was funny!) He then told Mark that he should ride this kind of bike instead of a little tricycle. Then, he helped present 4 awards. This is how he read the winner of one of the awards..."Shannon likes nachos and the winner is..."

Backstage it looked like this:
We were trying to practice the bird thing with the stage hands. After telling them that the dove (whom we named Oscar because the Dove Awards are kind of like the Oscars of the Christian music industry) would not fly away, it took off. Oscar flew up into the rafters. Brock quickly ran up a ladder and caught him. That was a close call! Then, as I was getting ready frantically in the bathroom, others were getting ready as well. Britt Nicole tried on about five dresses and was asking me and another girl what we thought. She ended up wearing the dress that I suggested! I asked a girl involved with the press if I should wear my hair partly up or down. She liked it up and even let me borrow some bobby pins. Later on when we were in the press room after our performance, she yelled out, "I like your hair!" The dove thing went well and we were waiting to go onstage with our friends' Harley (his bike is much nicer than ours). As we are waiting, Geoff Moore told us that he was thinking it was a little dull out there and needed something to crank it up. When he saw Brock and the bike, he thought that it would do the trick! We also talked with the director as well as Mark and Aegis Stuart about the chocolate in the green room. Yes, the Cocoa Tree was present backstage at the Dove Awards! In the meantime, Shannon texted Brock and told him that his next task was to use her name and nachos in the same sentence onstage. Just then, the stage director said to go! However, it was dark and Brock couldn't find the right button to make the bike start. That's when I began to freak out a little but only for a few seconds. Then, Brock got the bike started and rode out onstage! What a night!

If you have any more questions about last night or this week, ask me in the comments!

7 comments:

Michawn said...

that's awesome auny! thanks for giving us play-by-play of onstage and off. so interesting, the prep and backstage part.

ginsmom said...

That's too cool. If you ever doubted it for a minute, you have the coolest job ever. :)

So how did Tomlin do? I have a friend who's dying to know...I promised her I would ask you!

Anonymous said...

He did an awesome job as usual. He led the whole audience in "Amazing Grace." It was amazing! He also racked up on the awards. I didn't get to talk with him this year. Brock presented him with one of the awards he won.

kelli beth said...

HOW FUN! you guys might have the most exciting lives ever! i love reading about it all!

miss you both and love you like crazy! :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Remind me to tell you about the "personal business card" Lauren drew for Britt Nicole!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here auny.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Recent Scientific Research indicates that about 80% of all U.S. adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.

Anonymous said...

This is the BEST blog that I have read this year!!


http://garnerinsurance.info