Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Love Languages

I'm realizing that love languages are not just for your relationship with your spouse. They go for most all of your close relationships with people. A love language is the way in which you feel loved. There are five of them: physical touch, acts of service, quality time, giving gifts, and words of affirmation. One of our friends is the last one and it was her birthday on Sunday. A lot of us wrote her encouraging letters. That's the best gift she could ever receive.

My love language is quality time. That is why I am so happy right now. I have this blog where I get to share with all of you everyday. I picture you sitting at home or school or work reading this and it makes me feel like we are spending some quality time together. I share thoughts on this blog that I don't share in a spoken fashion sometimes. You are the only eyes to read it...no ears hear it.

I'm also happy because I get to spend quality time with friends at home every week. I haven't been able to have quality time weekly with the same people (except Brock) for 8 years now. It feels so good to love and be loved by several people through this blog and through my community. What is your love language?

5 comments:

Pedro said...

(sniff) Darn allergies!!

that was soooo sweet Auny!!! You're Sweet!!!!

My love language is all of them. They all are cool.

It was Stephanie's B-day on Sunday right? Well i could't spend quality time with her since I'm in New york city!!!

Or physical touch, but u can give her a belated hug for me.

Glad to share thought and love. with all of my peeps.

1

Vote for Stephanie!!!

Anonymous said...

my love language is english

Amber said...

It almost sounds selfish, but my Love Language is Giving of Gifts! I do like to give more than I like to receive though!!!

Anonymous said...

I read a great book by Gary Chapman called the 5 love languages. It's a great and quick read. Thanks for sharing with us Auny. You have the gift of encouragement! I met you and Brock at SuperWow in Georgia last summer. I've read your blog for an entire year now and look forward to it each and every day. You, Brock and your ministry are always in my prayers. I think my love language would have to be quality time...it makes me feel special when someone shares that with me and when I can give it back. God bless! Teresa in GA

Anonymous said...

It sounds as if you have a gift of encouragement, Teresa!aun