Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Fire

The other day, my parents' car caught on fire. It was completely toast by the time Dad pulled over.

Actually, we know how they feel. In January of 2001, Brock received a call in the middle of the night. When I saw him begin to get dressed, I asked what he was doing. He calmly replied that he was going outside because our truck was on fire.

At the time, we had a box truck with all of our equipment in the back. We arrived in time to see the fire department raising the back door and saying, "I think everything in the back is going to be okay."

The fire began in the engine, so the front part of the truck was literally melted down. It began burning the wall separating the cab from the back when the fire department put it out. It was as if angels were guarding our equipment. The equipment was saved, but everything reeked of smoke for 6 or more months. To this day, some of the cases are still black in the grooves.

It turned out good. We got a better truck...a Freightliner with living quarters in the back. We haven't had any problems with it yet!

3 comments:

Pedro said...

my internet is working now and i will comment later....

your boy pedro is back

i know taylor missed me. ;)


I FORGOT TO MENTION THIS AND WAS WAITING TO SAY IT...

not that taylor and nathan


I FINALLY GOT THE GROUP 1 CREW ALBUM. GOT THEM ON MY NEW IPOD.

AND BEEN JAMMIN ALL WEEK.
that;s cool

VOTE FOR GROUP 1 CREW!!!!!

1

Pedro said...

man. that is hot. Thanks to our GOd cux he had your back.

God is Cool!! Now that;s what sup'

1

VOTE FOR GROUP 1 CREW!!!!

ginsmom said...

Will their insurance cover spontaneous combustion? I'm glad they're OK!