Thursday, December 06, 2007

Advent 2

The other part of Advent that I know about is that is symbolizes our anticipation of the Second Coming. However, how many people really are excited about that? We aren't even really yearning for heaven. We are so focused on our little world here that we don't really want HEAVEN. That's crazy when you think about it.

This makes me really appreciate that Christ came to this Earth. For the first time, I really get this. I'm sure that Christ had a choice whether to come down here or not. He chose to leave heaven and come down to this disease infested, sin filled world. Talk about homesick! I'm so glad that He made the choice to come and dwell among us not only because of the cross, but because He can sympathize with us now. He's gone through the pains of being human.

"For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have One who has been tempted in every way, just as we are---yet He did not sin." Hebrews 4:15

2 comments:

Michawn said...

It is crazy that we don't yearn for heaven. I don't. That sounds horrible to say...and if things are really rough or I'm really in pain, sick, or something I think how great it'd be if we could just go to heaven. But, those are really selfish reasons to have the desire pop up. It's just not really on our radar I don't think...it's not on mine. We are focused on good things down here...how to be and what to do for God...focused on fulfilling the things that God has for us. But, it's a very good point you raised...I have no desire to go to heaven right now. I feel like there are so many things that need to be done here, not only for the Kingdom, but things like raising my kids, seeing them at all the different stages, etc. (again, selfish probably).

Now, would I complain if Jesus decided to bust on in at this very moment. Yeah, I don't think I would. I've be like, "Woohoo, kids!! Look who's here!" But, do I pray or that or anything...no. Do I want to die and leave them behind, even though I'll be going to heaven? The thought of that breaks my heart. I don't think that's what you are talking about, but it's a good topic to think about.

P.S. Would love to see pics of y'all's dinner with Marcus and Rachel if you took any. So great you got to hang out with them.

Steph said...

hey girl! i read your blog, michawn's and Kay's pretty much everyday! i love keeping up w/ everything. we're so apart but this keeps us close. i read gin's and Brock's sometimes. anyway, i started one. it's not fancy or as interesting as y'alls but works for me. www.stephanilynn.blogspot.com

love ya!
steph