Sunday, December 30, 2007

Illinois Youth Encounter Hosted by Freedom Experience

My heart is so full from this weekend. It was such a blessing to be able to go to Illinois and minister with my friends. We had the whole FX crew with us, plus we added the worship band Pocket Full of Rocks and new Gotee recording artist Stephanie Smith.

Some highlights from the weekend were when Lucas and Stephanie shared their testimony. Brock interviewed them separately in front of the entire crowd. Since Steph and Lucas are in our community of friends, I felt like I was sitting back at the Cocoa Tree listening to them talk. It was very laid back and sweet. Their testimonies really touched people's lives.

Another great moment was after Eleventyseven performed for their last time yesterday morning and the crowd began to chant, "One more song!" Brad was onstage ready to announce the next thing on the schedule. I asked the guys if they could do another song to which they said, "Sure!" I ran to the front of the stage and whispered to Brad that Eleventy was going to do one more song. Brad said on the mic, "What? We are going to have our first ever encore?" Then, Eleventy came back onstage. I just liked how we were professional with smooth transitions, yet we were informal as well. We are such a tight group. How amazing of a group we have!!!

After Brock gave an amazing challenge to be ministers no matter who you are or how old you are, students began praying for each other all over the arena. Then, we all crammed in at the front of the stage and worshiped with Pocket leading us. We had 25 minutes of time alloted for Pocket. However, we only had 10 minutes left until it was time to finish. They led us with one song. I realized that often we do 30 minutes of worship in order to have maybe 5 minutes of true worship. At this time, we were all just waiting to worship our Lord. Only a few minutes was needed because those minutes were very meaningful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auny:

I just wanted to let you know that your entire group of "friends" were such a blessing to my youth group at Youth Encounter. I had a young man w/ our youth group that had never even heard of Jesus really before this weekend. God brought this young man into our path's just a few weeks prior and I am thankful that he had the opportunity to attend this event with us. I know that Lucas's "story" was something that he could most definately identify with and although he did not ask Jesus to be a part of his life yet I know that he is beginning to consider who this "Jesus" is and I thank the Lord for Brock presenting the Gospel in such a clear & direct way. How refreshing it was to see him challenge the youth. May God Bless each of you & your entire ministry team.

AUNY said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement, Cheryl

Matt and Meredith said...

Oh my goodness! Pocket Full of Rocks!? My favorite! : ) That is so cool that they got to be there with you guys! How fun! Please be in prayer for the FX I'm trying to coordinate in my area. I'm trying to get a location and date nailed down and it has been a slow and challenging process. Pray that we can get it nailed down so I can get things rolling with God's help.