Monday, December 03, 2007

Wonderful Day

Yesterday was a great day! We went to church and saw some people there that we hadn't seen in a while. Then, we met some people at a Mexican restaurant for lunch. After that, we stopped by the Cocoa Tree kitchen to give Bethany (the chocolatier) something. Two of our friends were with us, and they'd never seen where they actually MAKE the chocolate before. So, we all went into the kitchen.

Bethany and two of her other workers were bent over a vat full of chocolate. She wearily looked up and asked if we could help her for a little while. We rolled up our sleeves and began dipping the chocolate. We dipped several trays worth of chocolate in 30 minutes' time. We were literally up to our elbows in chocolate! One of my friends had it on her nose. Brock accused the girl next to him of getting chocolate on his shirt. We later saw who was the real culprit...he had it on the inside of his arm, so every time he brushed his arm against his shirt, it would stick. It was so fun!

At that point, Brock had to go to a meeting in downtown Nashville, so I went to my friends' house. We watched a movie until it was time to go to the party. The party was great! We had hot apple cider and watched "It's a Wonderful Life." What a wonderful day and a wonderful life!

3 comments:

Michawn said...

I know you work hard for days and weeks on end, but you have the most incredible breaks/vacations of anyone ever. You make me sick. :-) Kidding of course, but you do make me want to come to Franklin, TN. :) Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you know that´s my favorite movie and it´s in our crate right now somewhere in Texas. I might just have to download it because I don´t think I can go a Christmas without watching it.

AUNY said...

I know! I thought about you when we watched it. We watched a version in color. I know that you probably wouldn't like that, but it was cool.