Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Decorations

You can guess that Brock is not very into Christmas decorations. He thinks that everything is too commercial at Christmas. He's right about that, but I enjoy a few Christmas decorations. I talked him into cutting down a tree from our backyard. It's a little like a Charlie Brown tree. We affectionately call it our Christmas bush. I decorated it with the ornaments and stuff that Gin and I used back in college one year.

The candle stands on our mantle were a gift from a church where we did a show. The nativity scene is the one we've had in our house every year while I was growing up. My sister and I actually fought over who got to arrange the ceramic pieces in it. My mom allowed us to rearrange it every day taking turns each day.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Steph said...

i love it! we haven't really decorated since we lived in Texas so i went just a little on the "crazy decorator" side of Christmas this year, but we love it.

Anonymous said...

Ah! I love that nativity scene. Have you been rearranging it everyday? What are the cup looking things over the door?

Amber said...

Everything looks REALLY pretty and festive! Have a VERY Merry Christmas!!!

AUNY said...

Those cups are just holiday paper cups I got at Target or somewhere. I placed them over a few lights over the doorway.

Haley said...

I can't believe that Brock didn't know about Charles Dickens. He has always been a Scrooge and he never wanted us to decorate at Christmas time. I used to get so mad at him on Christmas morning because he would NOT get out of bed!